Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicators

skull

Reaction score
Members Ride
LE MONARO & HQ COUPE & VU UTE
Can anyone help me with this problem?My VS ute indicators stopped working.The fuse is fine,the hazard lights are fine.Please help.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Ok just looking at the wiring diagram now....by the looks the only things it can be is a fuse the hazzard switch, the flasher can unit or the indicator switch. As the hazzards work its not the flasher can. As the commodores suffer from faulty hazzard switches I'd look at it first. They switch between the indicators and the hazzards (double pole type thing) try tapping the bloody thing a couple of times.

Not sure which is which but check fuse #14 and #2 as they both goto the hazzard switch (orange/red & brown/white should both have power at them at the hazzard switch).

Failing that check your indicator switch, pull the bottem cover off from under the steering wheel column and sqeeze the two tabs either side of the switch base to remove it by sliding it towards the door. Try putting power directly to the violet wire and then swich the indicators if they light up then it should be in the hazzard switch, you should probably disconnect the flasher can first ( undo the fuse panel using the ignition key and put the hazzards on listen and feel for the correct unit and then pull it out, it should stop flashing.).

Anyway I dare say there are smarter peoople here than me who know where the flasher can is , so come on guys, give a hand!!!

Hope some of this might help....but I realy don't like the hazzard switch!!!!

Kind regards Guy.