Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

-=- INFIN8 -=- 2002 VXII Berlina

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
awsum car mate :thumbsup: Love the VX series II cars. They are the best!!!
Can't wait to see it with new wheels and the mods?
Good Luck mate Really really nice car!

thanks scbh81, not to sure when wheels will be done. next mod im looking at doing in tha next few weeks is my exhaust system. thinking of getting pacemaker headers, lukey reso & muffler & twin 2.5" dump tips, still looking into that tho...

Cheers,
Infin8

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Hows it feel at night with 20% on the back window man? I need to have mine redone
soonish and since my last car was done by the tint professor aswel ill be going back
to them. I found 35% hard enough to see out the back with at night on my last car...

People always saying you can have 20% on the back window cause you are directly
looking at the window.....but I still also thought it had to be 35% all around the car to
suit our VIC laws...?? Cause if this aint the case then ill be goin 20 on the back myself
being a white car, that looks sweet :thumbsup:

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Just a quick question about the exterior handles... Did you replace the backing as well and get that sprayed... Or did you just take the handle out and replace it with the chrome one? I really should have looked into this a little more before buying them but oh well :p

Infin8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
Hows it feel at night with 20% on the back window man? I need to have mine redone
soonish and since my last car was done by the tint professor aswel ill be going back
to them. I found 35% hard enough to see out the back with at night on my last car...

People always saying you can have 20% on the back window cause you are directly
looking at the window.....but I still also thought it had to be 35% all around the car to
suit our VIC laws...?? Cause if this aint the case then ill be goin 20 on the back myself
being a white car, that looks sweet :thumbsup:

with 20% on tha back there is a noticeable difference & I wouldn't go any darker (dont know how these guys with 5% tint in other states see properly at night??). The difference is not as noticeable at night with 35% but visibility is still good, I only struggle with 20% in dim areas etc. otherwise theres no problem. 35% is tha darkest legal in VIC but when it comes to your rear windshield, tha law is not so clear, but I wouldn't go any darker than 20% 1. reduced visibility 2. cop bait!!!

just as a side note, tha pics posted prob. show tha tint at its darkest, that is, depending on the angle of light, tha tint looks slighter lighter but tha pics above show it as its darkest...if that makes sense???

Just a quick question about the exterior handles... Did you replace the backing as well and get that sprayed... Or did you just take the handle out and replace it with the chrome one? I really should have looked into this a little more before buying them but oh well :p

I just took tha chrome handle out and used tha new parts that came with the handle (which work much better now) but used my old painted backing (waxed them up and gave them a good polish) they came up looking brand new! no more key/ring scratches from previous owner :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Infin8

Infin8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
Exhaust Fitted!!!

just a little update, got my exhaust fitted yesterday :D

2.5" cat back system, redback mufflers (twin outlets) & reso, pacemaker extractors...

just a few pics of tha twin 2.5" stainless steel tips, will hopefully post a sound/movie clip once it carbons-up & sounds a bit more meaty :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Infin8

Attachments

• exhaust1.jpg
    exhaust1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 159
  • exhaust2.jpg
    exhaust2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 177

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
ur ride looks nice man! love the chrome door moulds and door handles! grill looks good too...
i recon all u need now is the rims thats in ur profile pic and it'd look tuff as!!:thumbsup:

Infin8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
hey wow! my thread still exists... :dance:

thought it might have got deleted when JC crashed a while back...

i've done a few things since i last updated: stereo system, rims, black custom plates, more chrome (can never have enough chrome i say...), neons... :whistling

i'll post some pics up when i get time...stay tuned ;)

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
Berlina looks great but what can I say, I'm biased.. haha

You remember how much that chrome calais thing was that's above the rear license plate?