Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Info on a Rooftop DVD from another SS to my SS (do I need Holden dealer to recode)

Morpheus

2007 SS V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SS VE V8
Hi all, need some quick info around a second hand rooftop DVD player out of a SS for my SS, I am looking at getting it tomorrow so any quick replies would be great.

I am swaping my roof liner for the roof liner out of a wrecked SS, was told by the guy it was working but when I put it in my car that I would need to take it to the Holden dealer to get it re coded for my car (or something to that effect) is this BS or does it sound right?

These are worth big dollars as a after market accs I am paying $1000 plus giving my roof liner to the guy. He is helping me pull mine RL out and installing the RL with the DVD player in my car.

I know I can get after market ones but really want to try and keep it factory, am I nuts (doing this for the kids 5 & 7)

Thanks.

Morpheus

2007 SS V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SS VE V8
Hi TinSnips, I had priced one from Holden and fitted I would not get much change ot of $3000, I am happy to pay $1000 for a second hand one providing it works.