Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Info on CV8 series 2 Orange

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
That prompted me to to dig out my Monaro books .......... I'm rich ! ! ........... I've got the 'Platinum Edition' autographed by author Norm Darwin. :)

Page 207 of 'Monaro Magic' = Total CV8 series 1 production 3,136 (Estimated using VFacts data) No mention of colour breakdown.

Page 83 of Joshua Dowling's book ..... 72 'Flame Red' Monaros were fitted with a spoiler..... out of how many produced ?
So if @Andrew has a spoiler on his, it is a rare colour made even rarer.

I don't think I have seen one that colour since ..... dunno when. I thought it was close to Fords "Brambles Red" from Falcon GT days of old.

Unlike Ford who seem to be able to dig up build numbers and all sorts of info for owners.
You have a better chance of getting info on a 70's rust ridden chook shed find Falcon than any Holden.

Nice , mine just the normal edition, of coarse same author.
Page 207 of mine is 2nd page of building the coupe.
Production #s in mine is page 202 and says 230 in 2001 and 3245 in 2002.
Guessing some of those 2002 built ones would be series ii with an early DEC release and on sale late JAN

Still a little crap = same author = should be basically the same book and therefore numbers should match.
There is a note at the bottom of my page 202 that basically says the totals of RH and LH #s have been confirmed by Holden LTD == so no reasonability break down #s

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That prompted me to to dig out my Monaro books .......... I'm rich ! ! ........... I've got the 'Platinum Edition' autographed by author Norm Darwin. :)

Page 207 of 'Monaro Magic' = Total CV8 series 1 production 3,136 (Estimated using VFacts data) No mention of colour breakdown.

Page 83 of Joshua Dowling's book ..... 72 'Flame Red' Monaros were fitted with a spoiler..... out of how many produced ?

I don't think I have seen one that colour since ..... dunno when. I thought it was close to Fords "Brambles Red" from Falcon GT days of old.

Unlike Ford who seem to be able to dig up build numbers and all sorts of info for owners.
You have a better chance of getting info on a 70's rust ridden chook shed find Falcon than any Holden.
Ford could probably tell you about the chook shed as well.

Andrew L Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 series 2

Thanks Figjam I have wacked a pic of the old girl up, it does have a spoiler and flame/flame combo, sems like it may be one of a handful fingers crossed, he decides he is willing to move the old girl on.

Last edited: