Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Info on manta exhaust system

BigD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VH Vacationer
OK!

I just recently got a 04 Sv6 and wanna put a good exhaust on it, its got pasys atm with a **** system sounds like a tin can, ive been reading up on the forms and seen that the Manta 2.25 into 3 inch is a good one, all i wanna know... Is it??? I dont wanna spend money one something that dont make any difference, and i know the alloys are hard to get a decent sound out of. Would appreciate the help

Cheers :spot on:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Every one of these systems you hear about, I have supplied. They are a very good system, no drone, not overly loud and nice and deep.

IMO they are the best sounding on the alloytec, they don't make it sound like a Lancer. They give a noticeable change to your torque curve as well.

BigD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VH Vacationer
That's exactly what I'm looking for, so it the system ok with extractors and standard cats or? Is it centre or rear exhaust

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's a complete cat back, it will bolt straight up to the original cat pipes. It works perfectly fine if you have extractors. It is twin 2 1/4" off the cat pipes, into two straight through front mufflers, then merges into a single 3" pipe then through a 3" resonator. Picks up on all the original hangers and takes about 1/2 hour to fit if you know your way around a tool box.

BigD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VH Vacationer
Well I'm a apprentice mechy, I've fitted a few do sould be fine, but I'm pretty sure the original cat flanges have been taken off, so I may have to get new flanges

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Have a look just behind the gearbox cross member, if they are still there, there will be two 2 bolt flanges where the exhaust bolts up, the system bolts straight up to those.

BigD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VH Vacationer
The fella b4 me had done a really crappy job on the system and cut the two flanges off and welded the pipes straight to the cats.....

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Bugger....I can supply a couple of flanges as well if you like, or you can cut some off an old system.

BigD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VH Vacationer
Yeah will have to get some, so what's the price of the system, and can you deliver or? I'm in qld by the way...

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
$495 shipped. Includes gaskets and clamp.