Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Info on VQ series 2 stato 5L owner

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Hi to all you VQ series 2 stato 5L owners, Last week my Bro found out off one of his tafe teachers (as he is a mechanic) about the VQ series 2 statos as he owns one. He found out that a few of them come out stock at 185kw and not the standard 165kw, its basicly like a clubby motor back then. This was only relised on in this model as after that they whent back to the stock 165kw 5L. Me and my bro have always wondered why his stock stato had a little more punch in it then other statos as when he got it there were no mods done to it. The only mod his done for power is put some extractors on it, and by memory it pumps around (edited found out its got 200kw today).

Last edited:

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
jd hot stuff said:
The only mod his done for power is put some extractors on it, and by memory it pumps around 220kw at the moment.

That is complete BS. 35kw from an exhaust?

Some models came ou with higher outputs. That was the later models as far as I know. They tried to keep the power higher with each new model.

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
slundy said:
That is complete BS. 35kw from an exhaust?

Some models came ou with higher outputs. That was the later models as far as I know. They tried to keep the power higher with each new model.

Well i said by memory around 220kw but ill make it around 205-220kw, also his extractors are hand made and also made his air intake hole bigger.