Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leathal11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6spd Ute / VS 5spd L67 Ute III
go for the 2seater gets to crowded,
and yeah watch out for the clutches cos i had mine for around 3months and the clutch went and the mechanic said i was probably looking at around 400 to replace so i said thats cool then rings me up and says it will be 1500 lol because it is a duel flywheel clutch i think but yeah other than that the ute is the way to go!

:thumbsup: LeAtHaL!!

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
yeah mate the Ute is the go. i have 3 seater 5sp manual and its a good excuse to cope a feel of the Mrs friend or sister.

where are u from? buy mine

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
yeah mate the ute is the go. i have 3 seater 5sp manual and its a good excuse to cope a feel of the mrs friend or sister.

where are u from? buy mine

LMAO, thats almost sig worthy

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
thanks for all the replies fellas.

to jokerflingo i hope i can find a bargain as good as yours, because that seems like a fair decent price. and couldn't agree more with you about the right hand side hand break, would definitely drive me up the wall after a few cruises in the ute :bang:

to lethal, i have heard many people talk about clutch wear in the vs. i knew a bloke who used to dump his clutch everywhere and was up for about the same as you, hopefully if i take it easy problems shouldn't head my way. :bow:

fuzzy, thanks for the offer, but i am only half way to a vs ute in the $$, i am not even on my p's yet so maybe its a bit early, give us 6 months and maybe but i am really looking for a 2 seater anyway. but now you say coping a feel...... :whistling, only joking. cheeers.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
As said above, clutch wear in the series 2 and 3 is a big issues as they have a different g/box to the series 1 ute. It costs heaps more to replace the s2/3 than the s1 utes.
Have a good look at suspension components and take it for a spin to see how it handles(dosnt float all over the road ect..). Otherwise you could be up for a small fortune doing shocks, springs and bushes all under the car.

Jimmy2228

Jimmy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Ute 5spd
As said above, clutch wear in the series 2 and 3 is a big issues as they have a different g/box to the series 1 ute. It costs heaps more to replace the s2/3 than the s1 utes.
Have a good look at suspension components and take it for a spin to see how it handles(dosnt float all over the road ect..). Otherwise you could be up for a small fortune doing shocks, springs and bushes all under the car.

+1 to what VrWagz said, I didnt check my cars suspension when i bought it (I know, shoot me) now im up $1600 for repairs to the dodgy and unsafe suspension :bang:

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagz does clutch wear cost more too replace in the s2/3 because of a newer gearbox making it more dear? is the gear box in the s2/3 better then the s1?

jimmy2228, thanks for that info, make sure my old man checks out the ute before i even consider handing over the $$.
cheers.

Stokesy VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VS series 2 S pack
MATE!!! i just bought my first car ... a VS ute and believe me ive had some drama with it.... look for this like if the brakes need doing... check for clutch noises oil leaks at the back of the engine tyres... a/c! just check literally everything b4 u buy it man

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
stokesy VS, that sounds really bad, not the best news to hear for a wannabe vs ute owner.
at least i have a heads up now and have an idea of what to expect.
thanks heaps for the info.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
MATE!!! i just bought my first car ... a VS ute and believe me ive had some drama with it.... look for this like if the brakes need doing... check for clutch noises oil leaks at the back of the engine tyres... a/c! just check literally everything b4 u buy it man

All of that is specific to buying ANY car, not just a ute!