Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Inhibitor switch for VS auto change

davylon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Hi,I have recently changed another auto into my VS and it has shat itself.I was told to get a VT auto and put that in and have also read on some of the posts on here that they are much better than the VS auto.I have picked up a VT auto now, and it was wrapped in towels when I picked it up..I have noticed what I gather is an inhibitor switch bolted on the side at the selector rod that comes out of the auto.As the VS one doesnt have this,can I just remove this,or is there loom that I would have to add in for this.From what people have said about using later autos in the VS is the main problem will be the exhaust so got me a bit stumped on this...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The VT uses that, the VS uses the one on the shifter.

The VT has a full circle bell housing, it was used in series 3 VS utes, so the exhaust shouldn't be a problem, only when fitting extractors is it an issue.

davylon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
The VT uses that, the VS uses the one on the shifter.

The VT has a full circle bell housing, it was used in series 3 VS utes, so the exhaust shouldn't be a problem, only when fitting extractors is it an issue.[/QUOTE]

So just unbolt and should be fine?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yep, should be fine. Or you can connect the wires from the shifter mounted switch to the gearbox mounted switch.

davylon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Yep, should be fine. Or you can connect the wires from the shifter mounted switch to the gearbox mounted switch.

Thanks very much for your help...much appreciated

Taries

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
have you got the vt tranny in it atm? i have just had the same issue with my ute brought 3 different trannys and had issues galore! youll find the vt auto the u have to remove the bell house for it to fit, in the internals of the tranny clutch plates etc are all the same being 4l60e i think it is. Its just the housing.