Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

injected 5 litre in a vc

white vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
hey guys just wondering if anybody knows if there are any requirements that i need to register a vc with an injected 5 litre in victoria? does it need to be engineered? i thought it would not have to be as vc's came out with a 5 litre from factory.

cheers
rohan

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You just need to change the engine number at vicroads, no engineering

white vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
do u kno this as fact from vicroads? goin to call them tomorrow. but just wondering if anyone knows from experience.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yes, it a true story :), any motor that was an option from the factory or is a motor of similar capacity and weight that doesn't require special custom made mounts to be installed and passes emissions for the car it going in or is from a newer emissions rule can be put in without an engineers certificate, you will need V8 spec brakes and front springs

white vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
yea car im thinkin of has all v8 spec equipment already there. car use to have inj. 5 litre and manual in it. also do u need an engineers for a ford 9in diff? thanks for the help by the way

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
From memory I believe the fuel filler neck also needs to be changed to accept the smaller sized unleaded nozzle. But with the phaseout of the older leaded size pumps that may not be an issue provided legislation is up to date with reality. All emissions (including cats) would need to be up to speck with the model the engine came from. Check with VicRoads anyway.