Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

injected 6 straight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE 3.8 V6 t700
Good sensible upgrade advice please, remap computer?, headrers?, full flow exhast?, polish port throttle body. Best improvement for least cash. Just want a little more towing torque please. Why did my VL start to die then stop, I know starter motor crook but it felt like fuel as it didnt miss or hunt just stopped from idle, who is the man to see, the rest of the old girl is great, had it one day and this happens, known car for 6 months and driven it before so smooth and reliable now this. Anybody please. [email protected] I am able to repair/replace 90% of stuff just want a starting point please.
Regards Hannibal

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
What exactly happened? Idle with no power or what?
Start to die then stop? Or start to die then stop dying?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE 3.8 V6 t700
burst heater hose, started fine

killuminati said:
What exactly happened? Idle with no power or what?
Start to die then stop? Or start to die then stop dying?
then got home, started a few times stalled then started, then no start at all, killed planetry gear in s/motor, fitted new planetry and brushes too as nearly all gone, spins like mad and have great spark, its like injectors not opening, checked all relays,fuses and connections, dizzy cap dry, no cracks, reverse polarity relay might be dead as it has a diode in line. if no good sunday sending in the auto sparkies, compression good, not grabbing as if too far advanced, got me stuffed, happy to pay someone to sort it out without wasting money on parts that are ok. any ideas, thinking of getting moped.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE 3.8 V6 t700
jimmy

hotholdens.com said:
whats the timing like? could be way out.. id see about getting it running properly before you do any mods..
when running right, is the pod cleaner and bosch coil an improvement, dont want to nuts just want it to be a joy to drive again, dont want to fluffy dice it, keeping stock, but upgraded stock, if you know what i mean, no cam, no sprts system, maybe remap spare computer for better performance/economy. will using moreys upper cylinder lube stuff up injectors /sensors, not my doind as its unleaded any way, thought it might be gumming up the works, before stopped running so smooth that you could NOT hear it running from inside the car, responsewas great, then started playing funny buggers. thanks for your reply. [email protected] if any positive ideas.ps alternator light used to come on for no reason before it stalled but sometimes just went out and kept running

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE 3.8 V6 t700
hotholdens.com said:
whats the timing like? could be way out.. id see about getting it running properly before you do any mods..
13-15btdc it ran and idled unbelievably well, no hunting/vibration/hesitation nothing but it did try to change gears at rwrong time while cruising, g/box sensor crook? [email protected]