Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Injecters

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
i know its been asked before but is there anyway to silence the *TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK* from a v6 motor, maybe diffrent fuel rail or somthing.the injecters i have in my vp v6 are otu of a vy v6 but they are makign the same bugga of a ticking sound

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
You sure it's from the injectors? They shouldnt be very loud, and since they're all pulsing at different times you shouldn't be able to hear a distinct ticking unless one is stuffed. I suspect you're hearing something else. Can you get under your car and have a listen, it may be coming from your exhaust or transmission.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
use a empty cardboard roll and hold it down near your exhaust, moneys on that being your prob.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
You sure it's from the injectors? They shouldnt be very loud, and since they're all pulsing at different times you shouldn't be able to hear a distinct ticking unless one is stuffed. I suspect you're hearing something else. Can you get under your car and have a listen, it may be coming from your exhaust or transmission.

On a vn they all fire at the same time its bank injection.
Matt

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yep and they are loud, there's nothing to be done about it apart from get over it :)

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
go gas is a way to shut them up.

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
its from the injecters , checked the exhaust heads oil etc ,sound is from the nasty injecters. anyone ever tryed to shut them up diffrent fuel rail maybe or its a matter of cop it sweet