Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

injection to carby conversion

thomas0387

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS
Hu guys just wondering if any body would be able to help me with setting up new car i bought another vs ss commodore completly stock. Its going to ba a full drag car and i want to change over to a carby and get away from injection just to save a bit of cashh with comp systems cause the one in my street driven vs ss was very pricy. I dont have alot of knowledge about them but is just and easy swap over with just manifold and carby or is there more involved i know there alot of fiddle **** as well but just need to know what else is involved any help would be awsome thanks.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
im not 100% sure, but I think you might need to do something with the dissy, but I have heard carbs on these engines before.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
You'd almost be best off dropping a 350 chev or a carb'd 308/304 straight in there. Why convert the EFI motor, when there's so many good carb engines around ready to rock with the same block :)

You could probably sell your EFI 304 and buy a carb'd motor, and turn a small profit, instead of just spending to convert what you already have :)

thomas0387

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS
Yeah true you have given me something to look into now but thats not a bad idea thanks mate.:cry::thumbsup: