Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Injectors issue again

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute
Has anyone had all there injectors replace and had them fail again my rough starting issue is back and thinking the injectors are stuffed again this is on a VF SS Ute 2015 L77 motor

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
When did you have the injectors replaced and was it under “warranty” or Holden’s “goodwill” or did you pay for them to be replaced?

In any case, it’s easy to check the injector resistance and see if they are still within spec (can’t remember what ohms range is acceptable but it’s stated in the other injector related threads).

If the injector(s) are outside spec, go back to whomever replaced them and get them fixed at their cost.

And if you paid privately to replace them, I’d be contacting HCC and requesting reimbursement as injectors are a life of vehicle component.

Alternatively, you could have crap in the tank (from bad fuel) which is clogging up your injectors, so you may need the tank & lines flushed and filter/pump replaced. Could also be a ECU driver or wiring issue :rolleyes:

Good luck with it :)

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute
When did you have the injectors replaced and was it under “warranty” or Holden’s “goodwill” or did you pay for them to be replaced?

In any case, it’s easy to check the injector resistance and see if they are still within spec (can’t remember what ohms range is acceptable but it’s stated in the other injector related threads).

If the injector(s) are outside spec, go back to whomever replaced them and get them fixed at their cost.

And if you paid privately to replace them, I’d be contacting HCC and requesting reimbursement as injectors are a life of vehicle component.

Alternatively, you could have crap in the tank (from bad fuel) which is clogging up your injectors, so you may need the tank & lines flushed and filter/pump replaced. Could also be a ECU driver or wiring issue :rolleyes:

Good luck with it :)
Yeah it was done under good will but they have only lasted about 30,000ks and about year and a half but car goes in tomorrow for power steering recall so they will be looking at it tomorrow

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ then i'd guess/suggest Holden or the Dealer has some old faulty stock floating about within their wearhouse.
Such must be concerning to others... and you'd think that Holden would have destroyed any suspect stock to avoid this very issue :eek:

Only other thing it could be is a rare one off failure :oops: but who do can you trust in finding out the truth o_O

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
^ then i'd guess/suggest Holden or the Dealer has some old faulty stock floating about within their wearhouse.
Such must be concerning to others... and you'd think that Holden would have destroyed any suspect stock to avoid this very issue :eek:

Only other thing it could be is a rare one off failure :oops: but who do can you trust in finding out the truth o_O

I think all the older stock had been depleted as there were long wait times for new injectors arriving from overseas. I was told my injectors will fail again as they didn't have a fix for mine at the time they were replaced.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think all the older stock had been depleted as there were long wait times for new injectors arriving from overseas. I was told my injectors will fail again as they didn't have a fix for mine at the time they were replaced.
So what did they install in your car, old stock injectors? And why won’t they replace them now rather than wait for another failure since they know they are not fit for purpose?

As I’ve understood, the issue was an OEM manufacture fault where the OEM & vehicle manufacturer could isolate the fault to a particular build date. The fix as such is to wait for a fault to manifest and then replace all injectors that weren’t from the bad batch.

We’ve not heard that there has been any material or design change for the now good injectors that last as they should (for the life of the car). So no parts number change ;) thoughts of ignition barrel anyone o_O

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
So what did they install in your car, old stock injectors? And why won’t they replace them now rather than wait for another failure since they know they are not fit for purpose?

As I’ve understood, the issue was an OEM manufacture fault where the OEM & vehicle manufacturer could isolate the fault to a particular build date. The fix as such is to wait for a fault to manifest and then replace all injectors that weren’t from the bad batch.

We’ve not heard that there has been any material or design change for the now good injectors that last as they should (for the life of the car). So no parts number change ;) thoughts of ignition barrel anyone o_O

Are you getting confused with the rockers?

They were going to fit LSA injectors to all the cars that had this failure. Mine was still fitted with previous part number and was told it could happen again.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

They were going to fit LSA injectors to all the cars that had this failure. Mine was still fitted with previous part number and was told it could happen again.
No, not confusing injector issue with rocker issue (the later resulting in a halt being placed on delivery of my Motorsport).

I’ve read that unless a injector fault is evident, Holden will not replace injectors as a matter of prudence. If Holden took such a prudent approach, all vehicles would have had injectors replaced (with LSA injectors) as a silent recall of sorts every time an impacted car came into the hands of the dealer service guys. But we know that’s not how it was handled :oops:

Are you getting your injectors replaced at next service since you’ve been told they will fail or does the dealer expect you waiting for the fault to occur (likely at an inconvenient time)?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Would LSA injector have higher flow rate than the stock LS3 injectors ?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Would LSA injector have higher flow rate than the stock LS3 injectors ?
They LSA injectors must have a higher flow rate since more air is pumped into the block by the supercharger and as such, presumably more fuel is needed to avoid lean out condition at full throttle.

It would be interesting to have a part no and flow rate details for both the LSA and LS3 injectors :)