Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Injectors issue again

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Are you getting confused with the rockers?

They were going to fit LSA injectors to all the cars that had this failure. Mine was still fitted with previous part number and was told it could happen again.

This is just appalling. The part was not revised and the chances are it will fail again...and most likely outside warranty...
This is why I am done with Holden/GM..
Bunch of wankers...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
They LSA injectors must have a higher flow rate since more air is pumped into the block by the supercharger and as such more fuel to avoid lean out condition a5 full throttle.

It would be interesting to have a part no and flow rate details for both the LSA and LS3 injectors :)

I read somewhere LSA injectors have different spray pattern and could cause 'pooling' if not setup/tuned properly...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I read somewhere LSA injectors have different spray pattern and could cause 'pooling' if not setup/tuned properly...
Hahaha.

That would be typical Holden, supposedly solve one problem while creating g another. This is especially the case now that they are officially in the “don’t give a sh!t” mindset as they wind down while trying to find someone to take over their obligations :oops:

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute
The injector issue was with all VF V8s as far as I am aware 2015 on as mine is the L77 motor they replaced 2 injectors then had to go on waiting list for the rest which they did but my belief is a couple have failed again waiting to find out as they have the car now for power steering recall

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
What brand of injector is the problem ? is it the delco ?

I am looking at getting a VF ss 6.2L in the next week so curious to what i should look out for

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute

I am looking at getting a VF ss 6.2L in the next week so curious to what i should look out for
Don’t quote me but I am pretty sure they changed to Siemens and these are the problem ones

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Hm, lets see.

Aircon drain grommet can leak water into the cabin (service campaign)
Engine rockers can fail (service campaign)
Electric power steering can fail (safety recall)
Injectors can fail (ad how repair under warranty guest use of good will)

probably a few other issues as well...

Unlike the USA, we can only check for recalls but not for service campaigns or bulletins and such.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
Interesting to hear about LSA injectors. I had all injectors replaced an since then my fuel trims have been on the negative side reaching nearly -10% sometimes.

I installed the wideband on the tail pipe to check things in open loop and the AFR seams to be a little richer than commanded.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Interesting to hear about LSA injectors. I had all injectors replaced an since then my fuel trims have been on the negative side reaching nearly -10% sometimes.

I installed the wideband on the tail pipe to check things in open loop and the AFR seams to be a little richer than commanded.

How do you check fuel trims? My car runs rough and each service they say they reset fuel trims. I ask each time why do you have to reset fuel trims. I would like to be able to do that myself as the car runs smooth again after being reset.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
No, not confusing injector issue with rocker issue (the later resulting in a halt being placed on delivery of my Motorsport).

I’ve read that unless a injector fault is evident, Holden will not replace injectors as a matter of prudence. If Holden took such a prudent approach, all vehicles would have had injectors replaced (with LSA injectors) as a silent recall of sorts every time an impacted car came into the hands of the dealer service guys. But we know that’s not how it was handled :oops:

Are you getting your injectors replaced at next service since you’ve been told they will fail or does the dealer expect you waiting for the fault to occur (likely at an inconvenient time)?

No injectors replaced at next service. My Redline services are now done by my own mechanic. No warranty left on my MY17 Redline. I'm sure if injectors fail again I can get them replaces for free as it is a know issue. Car still drives with a faulty inject just not with all the grunt lol A bit like a 6 cyclinder :(