Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Injectors Upgrade For 5 Litre 304 V8

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Hey guys found this site on the net selling Replacement perforrmance Injectors for my VN SS.What Do you guys think? Has any one ever replaced the stock bosch items for a aftermarket set with much performance upgrade?

42lb 480cc bosch green top injectors will supply some serious fuel. as a set of 8 over 450kw at the engine will not be a problem. these are genuine brand new bosch items that will fit directly in a holden/ford v8 and 6cyl
Price $82.50

Bosch style injector made by holley. low impedence with a flow rate of 50lbs/hr. ideal for holden/ford running aftermarket computer
Price: $130.00

Common refered to as the supercharged 6 injector. these ev1 plastic bodied injector are rated at 14.8 ohm/ 36lbs. factory replacement for ls1/ls2/xr6t and xr8. will also fit holden vn-s v8 and v6.

Price set of 8. $472.00

website: http://www.tuffcarparts.com with pics and prices. :dance:

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
unless u are planning on going with a massive cam in a stroker or a supercharger then its a waste of time and money.

the stock injectors will have enough flow for at least 250kw.

plus with bigger injectors u'll need a larger flow fuel pump and a chip to match. maybe even different fuel regulators.
cheers

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
geardys said:
unless u are planning on going with a massive cam in a stroker or a supercharger then its a waste of time and money.

the stock injectors will have enough flow for at least 250kw.

plus with bigger injectors u'll need a larger flow fuel pump and a chip to match. maybe even different fuel regulators.
cheers
Thanks mate for ur advice

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i have to disagree... subdue uve seen my dyno readout right? i had stock injectors on then and its got that massive flat spot above 4000 rpm....well thats the injectors running out of fuel

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
which ones did u get budy, what are they worth?

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
boona15 said:
i have to disagree... subdue uve seen my dyno readout right? i had stock injectors on then and its got that massive flat spot above 4000 rpm....well thats the injectors running out of fuel

just because the injectors are running out of fuel doen't mean that its there fault!
it could be ur fuel pump, regulators, maf sensor or oxygen sensor to name a few, that could cause it.

or they may require cleaning.

the std injectors used in the 215 and 220 5.7 hsv stroke motors where the same as the 304. so they will have enough flow for a "mild" 304!

F

foammedia

The HSV stroker motors used bigger injectors and the more sporting 5 liters (groupA) all used 24lb rather than the stock 19lb, the stock ones would be struggling on a 5 liter with a very good (or open) exhaust

jdjones

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs11 clubby 185i
foammedia said:
The HSV stroker motors used bigger injectors and the more sporting 5 liters (groupA) all used 24lb rather than the stock 19lb, the stock ones would be struggling on a 5 liter with a very good (or open) exhaust
no way stock 304 injectors would be struggling with open exhaust i have a crane 276 cam in my car running stock injectors and i can tell u they do not struggle and they are only running 85%injector duty cycle so there is some more lefrt in them still.if u wanna glaze your bores and stuff your rings go ahead and put those massive injectors in

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah the factory injectors will surfice unless you are going FI, stroker or a massive cam.
AirStrike :air:

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
jdjones said:
no way stock 304 injectors would be struggling with open exhaust i have a crane 276 cam in my car running stock injectors and i can tell u they do not struggle and they are only running 85%injector duty cycle so there is some more lefrt in them still.if u wanna glaze your bores and stuff your rings go ahead and put those massive injectors in
What is ur other mods?