Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Injectors

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Hey everyone i put some 36pound injectors in my ecotec and ive heard that it takes like an hour for the ecu to work its magic. I had the b*tch running yesterday for about 1hr and i took her for a swirl down the street.

Seemed fine until you put your foot down then we were in struggle street hahaha. Running way too rich and the revs were actually dropping because it was strugling when i put my foot down. Went to give it another go today and it seemed alright but then it stalled and everytime i cranked it over it would just keep stallin. After about 4times i heard a massive bang. My airbox is still in one piece but i opened it up and smoke was pouring out.

Any ideas???

Cheers Mitch

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
smoke pouring out from where? that might help narrow it down.
when you change injectors you NEED to get the pcm reprogrammed, it wont learn that the injectors are running more fuel, unlike with breathing mods (like an exhaust or CAI) where the pcm would pick up readings from various sensors and adjust accordingly.
the rate of flow for the injectors is set into the pcm, so it thinks you've got 22lb injectors and is running the engine as such, but you've put 36lb in, so it wold be running rediculously rich (as you discovered).
i wish i could help you with what the bang was, but id just be guessing, hopefully you havent done anything too nasty.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
probably just backfired through the inlet due to misfiring so badly as it is drowning in fuel, dont drive it until you get the memcal fixed or you will kill the cat convertor.
but i have to ask ... why put the massively oversized injectors in a stock car? the std ones will flow plenty until you get to about 8 psi boost

Rob

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Hey guys thanks for the help. Smoke was pouring from the inlet tube. The only reason i put these injectors in was because my stock ones were ticking quite crazily and i thought what the hell ive got them sitting there. Im going to go get the stock ones cleaned and put them back in now.

Also... ive tryed starting the car up since and it wont even kick over anymore...im hoping this just has something to do with the injectors and no damage has been done.

Cheers Mitch