Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

inlet manifold gasket leak?

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
Hey peoples, my cars idle is a little bit lumpy, i know i will never be perfect.

So i had a bit of a looky see and everything looks pretty much as clean as it was after it was all degreased, except round the back of the motor. Behind the throttle body, below the level of the intake manifold there is like a flat at the back of the motor it has freshish looking oil there.

Just wanted to know if there would be anything else, other then the intake manifold gastket, that could be buggered to get oil there? I just cant see in behind there properly and $220 is a bit of dough to waste un-necessarily.

... Just went and had another look around and it also looks like my PCV valve has some oil leaking from around it could this cause any idle problems too?

Cheers,
Apoc.

timgte

v8 fuel sucker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
i just did the same job on my v8. I had a bad idle too and after doing manifold gaskets it runs perfect. On the v8 the dizzy is up the back too which has a gasket that can leak but not sure about the v6

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
v6 runs dfi igniton, no dizzy, could be oil leaking out the bottom of the throttle body, through one of the small hoses.

alipete

Ban Speed Camera's
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive VY CALAIS
V6 are known for leaking oil there it comes from the main oil seal or the valley gasket.