Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Inlet manifold gasket

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
In theory, with the new alloy gaskets that MACE supply it shouldn't be so much off an issue with bolts coming loose as the expansion/contraction rates off the alloy gaskets will be very similar to the LIM unlike the OEM plastic intake gaskets.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I still had to re-tension mine a skerrick 3 days laster using the Mace gaskets. It's the silicone seals stuck to the base material that seems to create the need, it gets squished good and proper!

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I`ll remember that if I use the metal gasket thanks guys.

lothaer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina V6
Vy v6 lumina

Does anyone have a step-by-step guide with pics, prices and parts & tool list on how to change the Intake Gasket yourself?

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Last edited:

lothaer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina V6

sk2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 'S' pack.
Sorry to start up an old thread again. But what thread sealant have people used. One of the main brands (sorry I'm trying to find the page again) says final adjustment for the sealant is 4 hours. Other posts say after a week adjust the bolts again so I was wondering what brand/type they used.
Thanks.

sk2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 'S' pack.
Permatex High Temperature Thread Sealant 50ml Tube

OEM Specified. Locks & seals threaded fittings. Resists leakage, vibration loosening, moisture, hydraulic fluids & diesel fuels. Lubricates threads for easy assembly & disassembly. Won't shred or wear like Teflon tape. Part may be repositioned up to 4 hours after application. Temperature range -65 F to 400 F (-54 C to 204 C) Contains PTFE.

Suggested Applications: Head bolts into through holes, oil PSI sending units & sensor, oil & coolant lines, fuel fittings, rear axle fill plug, brake & power streering fittings.

Also probably a silly question. But where do you put the thread sealer? Toward the end of the bolt or near the head?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
That's all I've ever used. Instructions are on the box, smear it round the end and it'll ooze up the thread as it goes in.