Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hsvcalais..wangaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 calais
hello all, i cracked the rear subframe of my Vr . i have replaced the part but have noticed the inner drive axle was sticking out of the diff by about 30mm (drivers side).on closer inspection i managed to pull the entire piece out.the holding ring at the end was all munted and i have a replacement. my problem is it wont go back in no matter how i try....havnt hit it with hammer yet lol.any suggestions.

please ask for any other information

thanks in advance

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
the splines can twist making it hard to get the shaft in, try to put it in with out the snap ring, if it goes in try and squash the snap ring a bit and try again.

hsvcalais..wangaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 calais
tried it went a bit further but still about 10mm to go....almost like theres some obstruction inside

hsvcalais..wangaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 calais
hey i also havnt been able to drive it for 2weeks and i really need my holden fix lolololol....worse then a druggie with no crack and the boy racers around here need a reminder .

hsvcalais..wangaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 calais
hi again , was looking in my book at removing inner axle and it seems i should have needed a slide hammer to remove it , im guessing with all the movement from subframe being cracked thats how that it managed to work itself free and how the snap ring got munted......however this suggests to me that it would be rather hard to put back in .

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Each time I have changed a diff on the race car we have just tappet the drive shaft in that last little bit with the hammer and TAP being the word dont smash it with the hammer and we have never had it fail from us doin it that way. as we leave the driveshafts hooked up to the outside and just drop the diff down that way we dont have to stuff around with the allen key bolts haha.

hsvcalais..wangaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 calais
glen clutchy i did what you both sugested ty. am putting it back together now ill be back in a hour lol thx everyone