Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insanity Plea Bull####

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Mad, not bad - lawyer's plea for man who threw his daughter off West Gate Bridge

Just read that article and all i can say is it boils my blood to hear the case the defence are putting forward.

I don't understand how a persons state of mind can influence the verdict on the result of their actions.

And what the chop does this mean:

defence lawyer David Brustman, SC, said his client was so mentally impaired at the time of the incident that he was incapable of distinguishing between right and wrong.

"at the time "?!?

What kind of bull#### defence is that? It's based on something that cannot be proved as there is no way of measuring his mental state "at the time".

And does that mean that people can get away with anything if they are menally impaired at the time they commit a crime?

Isn't anyone who murders someone, let alot a child, by default clearly mentally impaired? Therefore the act they performed becomes their defence?

The justic system should be based on if it can be proved someone committed the crime or not and the results of that crime.

Not ####ing, oh yes wveryone knows he murdered here, so 25 to life in prison! Oh wait, he was having a bad day, he should get of with a lighter sentence and should be rehabilitabled so he can rejoin society.

#### that #### for a joke.

The dog killed his own daughter to get back at his wife, there is not planet on which a man who can do that will ever be in a state to rejoin society.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
My thaught is that if he is that mentally impared he should be relieved of his insanity permanently.

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
It seems that this is the way people try to get off a charge or something. Plead insanity, or temporary insanity or something.
As for this dog HE should be thrown off a bridge tied to a few concrete blocks, its only fair

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
He may end up in fairfield mental hospital which I think is the highest security unit for mentally ill criminals in VIC not a pleasant place, I think they should throw him off the bridge. I think its highly unfair to claim to be mentally ill if you are not, I know some mentally ill people and what they go through in their daily lives is hell and a relapse is always a possibility especially since mental health funding has been cut so heavily and the mind is still such a mystery, the reality is that there are no asylums anymore except for the criminally insane (there are inpatient locked units at some hospitals but they are always full) and the patients are free to be in society until their next relapse where they could do something horrendous before getting admitted for treatment and then released again. It is a possibility he was actually mentally ill and lack of treatment has caused this to happen but theres also an equal chance he's a murdering F*** who knew what he was doing.

Such a terrible and sad story everytime I see it I feel quite sick, I hope they do something terrible to him wherever he ends up.

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
I have thought for a long time that "insanity" or other mental "impairments" were a strange way to try and degrade the severity of a case or to in some way justify an action.

To my mind ANYONE that does things like "murder" is obviously "not normal" so it makes no sense to me..(nor would it to Spock)..to ask the question "were they mentally impaired at the time"...OF COURSE THEY WERE...unless you believe we can all slip in and out of being "mental"...

And even then.. who can say when "they" will slip back into "pyhco land"

It not so bad if the person is sentenced accordingly..as being sentenced as a "loony" is often worse than a normal sentence..but knowing the way things work here..it would mean an easier run through the legal system and few years in a "loony bin" then home.. to to it again..

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
'temporary' insanity.

i wonder if that would work with the mrs?
"sorry love, I cheated on you because I was temporaryily insane... please forgive me".

i wonder what the answer would be. it's this type of commonsense that's missing from our court system. you are either insane, or not insane.
throwing your daughter off a bridge to 'hurt' the ex in a custody battle isnt insane... it's murder.

god I hope all these judges burn in hell for letting criminals off.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
god I hope all these judges burn in hell for letting criminals off.

yep, and i hope the lawyers are frying on the barbie plate right next to them!

seriously u would have to be one cold, cold hearted bastard to stand up in court and try to the best of your ability to get the lightest/no sentance for a maggot like that

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
What a tragic story, isnt it amazing that even though they say he was so mentally impaired but yet he had time to call his ex earlier on also had the pre-medetation behind his crime by asking his daughter to climb into the front seat of the car and grab her as in my thoughts if she stayed in the back and a struggle ensuid that passer byers would react..well who knows nowadays with society, also that the knew what he had done was wrong by driving to the law courts and getting security to take his 2 sons..
This man deserves the full brunt of the law for murder but even that hardly gets u much nowadays...after experiencing mental illness first hand with my partner at the time (now ex) and hitting rock bottom myself its your kids that really focus you and get you back on track and gain strength from them to see through the crap times....to me it sounds more of the all to typical get back at the ex case which unfortunately led to the tragic loss of such a beautifull little girl with so much to live for.

Last edited:

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
that #### should be thrown off the bridge or be slowly tortured to death makes me sick what he did to a defenceless child im not a violent person but id happily pay out on him big time, mentally ill my arse he did it to get back at his missus.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
well you have to be ####ed in the head to throw a kid off a bridge, lets throw that doopy #### off a bridge!