Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Inside door handle wont lock

Duff8616

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Ute
DSC05331.jpg

Just recently installed some new speakers in the driver and passenger doors, passenger went smoothly but upon re attaching the drivers side door trim I discovered the little button above the inside door handle wont fully move to the lock position.

The door itself does lock both remotely and from the center console, however not from the button above the handle (the one with the red square to indicate its open). Any help would be appreciated. Its a 2011 SV6 VE Ute.

(Image is just from google to reference what Im talking about)

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
You might have to remove the door trim, and re-attach the cable.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
my ve drivers door lock wont lock when the door is open only when closed will the lock manually

kwaka738

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09 Berlina Sportwagon
I've got this problem where the rear passengers door doesn't always lock though it nearly does. You can see the locking mechanism handle not quite making it to the closed position. If I cycle it manually a few times it then seems to be right for a while.

I was searching the forum for any ideas and found this one from Jode who suggested the grease had gone off. His post is here:
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ve-door-lock-actuator.199182/#post-2291108

Seeing how you've had the trim off is everything lined up properly? Are you sure there isn't any binding between the door trim and the locking handle?