Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Inside Roof Fabric

timboss04

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
Hey Guys just wonderin if anyone new to propley repair the the fabric on the roof as mine is sagging and is almost gettin to the point where its completely off.:bang:

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Do you have a wagon or Sedan? Wagons are easy enough to pull the lining out and recover yourself. I dont know how easy it would be to manouver a sedan lining out. I also think the rear window has to come out if done professionaly. I have redone my wagon Lining.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
I was reading an article in an old SM mag ages ago at work on how to replace it entirely, apparently if you can get it out, you can cut a new piece of felt to size and then fix it back into place. If I'm at work next week I'll see if I can find the article to get the details. There is also the dodgy solution of using a staple gun to fix the old lining back into place, but it would be difficult to get it looking good.

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Its a bit of a pain to get it out of the sedan. You need to take off the interior plastics etc first, lower your seats accordingly and you should be able to get it through the front door......

It's not that hard to do, but just takes some time so be patient......

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Nikkojoe said:
Its a bit of a pain to get it out of the sedan. You need to take off the interior plastics etc first, lower your seats accordingly and you should be able to get it through the front door......

It's not that hard to do, but just takes some time so be patient......

hehehe, hadn't thought about that. Yet another reason why the wagons rule!

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
pandaman said:
hehehe, hadn't thought about that. Yet another reason why the wagons rule!

Yep, got my new roof lining for $19 from the wreckers, would have cost me more than that in materials, adhesive and time to do it myself, this lining looks nearly brand new as well...

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
another temp soluotion if your on a budget or u wanna be cool like me is
to go to safeway and buy a pack of coloured pins and stick about 30 in the roof, roughly 10cm apart. It looks really weird and funny.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
um itook mine out no sweat! just have to take all the stuff holding it on off, handles, sun visors, interior light, plastics.. u hav to bend it a bit but its fairly durable cause its cardbourd.. i bought a fabric glue that comes in a sheet, it iron on, so ipulled the carpet off, ironed it on, peeled the backing layer, put WHITE fabric on, and ironed it again. white fabric stuck to the foam just like that.. hasnt come off yet! i was considering using spray on adhesiv, but yer too late.. its best to get it out through the front door on an angle.. have fun with it!

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
If you want it done professionally, I got quoted $180. If you can do it yourself, you'll save heaps.