Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] instaling fuel rails and regulater

bramble41

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
hay i am wanting to put some new fuel rails and reg in to dress up the bay a bit wondering any tricks to it stuff to watch out for and how to do it what to do with return fuel lines or i have seen on some blogs they dont have them . my car is a vy ss all the help i could get would be apreacitated chers

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
no return lines in any holden with a gen 3...all I can say is do your research - plenty of aftermarket rails out there leak

Also if the reg your talking about is connected to the standard rails on the passenger side >>> it not a reg and ain't needed

bramble41

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
chers just wondering if i need to put in a regulator or is it in the line somewhere elce any good brands for rails have you done it before chers

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
Reg is in the tank.......no I haven't personally done it - maybe some forum members might post up what they have

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey mate im also looking at fuel rails and other bits to neaten up the engine bay, most people will say stay away from the no name ones on ebay and stick to something like the FAST brand rails. Personally im waiting for Holley to release their kit towards the end of next month, i also just ordered some holley valve covers which look real nice.

bramble41

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
CHERS for that yea ive put some alloy covers looks real good but leaks a bit wer just e bay items i mite try some gaskets rather than the ruber seals if not mite try some of these hollel ones do the coil packs go on top or have to be relocated chers.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
the coils mount straight on the covers and you dont need the original brackets that are on the standard covers, however they dont suit ls1 coils but from what i have heard they can be slightly modified to fit. They come in black, polished, satin and standard cast finish.

largeJessieGTO_ValveCvr.jpg

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
not a fan of them at all...Might aswell just sprayed the originals black.

Valve covers needs to have the old school look - coil replacement needed FTW

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
ASE fuel rails - very solid bit of gear, plus it came with all the needed bits and pieces to connect to the standard fuel line. I run a return system on my kit though, but if you're just going to dress it up I wouldn't bother playing with that side of things.

309da4d5.jpg

bramble41

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
chers mate whats the advantage of running a return line i have done a bit of work on it cams headers otr etc so if it will let it run beter ill do it ive got 390hp at the wheels would it be worth doing