Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] Install a catch can on a ecotec V6

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah a catch can is a catch can. Get one of the size and colour that suits with hopefully the correct number and size hose fittings to make life easier.

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Yeah a catch can is a catch can. Get one of the size and colour that suits with hopefully the correct number and size hose fittings to make life easier.

What size and how many fittings do I need for a vz? Btw you've been a great help I appreciate it.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
http://bit.ly/K875GJ

Something like this be ok for a vz wagon.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Installing an oil catch can is so much easier on a VE. The tube runs from the crank case all the way to the air intake. Took all of 10 minutes to slap one in.

vx limo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais L67
G'day Fellas,

Any ideas on how to put a catch can on a 2000 model VX with the L67 motor at all? I noticed when I did the LIM gaskets that the TB and all the intake from there to the blower were full of black build up, as was the LIM. I cleaned as much as I could, but it's now back. Thinking of mounting it on the fire wall just near the TB.

Cheers,
Chris

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
So what improvement exactly are there?
Would love to hear about the catch can for the L67.

vx limo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais L67
Yeah, me too lol.

I've done a few searches but not alot comes up for the poor ol' L67... well not to answer the questions I have anyway, there is definately no shortage of info on this forum, that's for sure! Been thinking about this for a while, but I don't even know where the hell my PCV is. lol

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab

That ^^^ is not ture, you want a catch can with an internal baffle or a removeable top so you can stick some steel wool inside it to catch the oil becasue without a baffle or something to catch the oil it will still make it through the can. Thats probably why you found very little oil inside your catch can immortality it is not getting caught in the can.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
That ^^^ is not ture, you want a catch can with an internal baffle or a removeable top so you can stick some steel wool inside it to catch the oil becasue without a baffle or something to catch the oil it will still make it through the can. Thats probably why you found very little oil inside your catch can immortality it is not getting caught in the can.

Read the first page dude.