Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Install a single din into a VX

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Hi all.

So I have built my steering wheel control to IR converter (JVC only ATM). I have successfully removed the old stereo but now I have to bolt the new one in.

So I'd like to know if there are any good howto's about the place. Mostly I need information on how to remove the side console panels so I can get access to drill some mounting holes.

OR

How much (and where in Newcastle) will it get to get it professionally installed. Bearing in mind I have all the electrical bits and only need mechanical mounting.

OR

If there is a professional installer in the Newcastle/Hunter area that would like to swap an ir converter/ALDL/OBD adaptor for a (basic) install drop me a PM.

Mike

luminex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
hi mate, when i put my first single din in my car, it was a pioneer, the cage that came with the deck was a bit to small for the cage already in the car so i just wedged it in there real tight (Its a real tight fit) and then wedged the deck into that cage and it stayed there by itself, not one screw. sounds a bit dodgy but worked a treat for me. would show u picks but now got a double din dvd headunit

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
i did a similar thing in my vt, had to knock the cage out slightly.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep the cage is a REAL tight fit, but does fit in there, i usually put a screw on either side though....but its such a tight fit you could get away without them.

Mate im not after a converter but can the job for you, send me a pm.

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Thanks, I just was not being brutal enough.

At least this thread might help the next bloke.

Mike