Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Install Big Block to VL Help

Scotty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Big Block
I'm after help and assistance on fitting a Big Block to a VL. For those that think I'm nuts, yes I am and I'm not interested in going the easy of a small block, so please keep your negative comments to yourself.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Ok I hear ya, go big or go home!

What do you need help with exactly? Do you have the motor and trans yet?

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
To each their own, but to be able to comment please supply more information. ie what is the intended use for the car, is it to be street driven? Do you care about legality? Is it drag/race only. Is it being built to show? What is your rough budget, do you plan on manual or auto, do yout want to do it all yourself? Any reason your not thinking LSx454? A BBC is physically massive, and doesnt make the same power dollar for dollar as an LSx.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Scotty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Big Block
Yep, I have the motor and trans. (454 & Powerglide) I managed to find a sump through ASP Oil Pans which was one headache for install and I have front and rear plates for install (not using triditional mounts). My next issue will be how to fit a starter motor.

Scotty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Big Block
The car is not going to be street legal. Be to much of a headache. Just for drag racing. Budget for this stupidity is not on the cards. ha ha. I will pay what I need to, to make thiswork. :)

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
Good to see Automotive crazies at their best ...go to it young lad and have fun .....quick word from the wise Contact ANDRA and get a copy of their tech manual they have a great number of silly but yet necessary requirements.......I look forward to seeing pictures and progress

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
If it doesn't have to be legal will be way easier. Maybe think about getting a fabricated front end on it though to give you more room to play with for headers etc? If it doesn't have to be ANDRA legal and you want to go low budget maybe look at how naaf modified his chassis rail to give him more clearance on his burn out car.

Post #9 http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/projects/231246-vc-ls1.html