Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Install rear reading lights in VS executive

vsproject

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII BT1 Commodore Executive
Would like to install the VS statesman grab handle with reading light in my VS exec. Just wondering if it would fit. I assume the roof lining would need to be trimmed up a bit.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
it can be done, 88greenvn has done it as well as the entry lights, wait for him to reply. or check his thread

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
have been thinking the same thing, i just helped my mate do his vs berlina rooflining, and checking out his roof/lining etc i rekon it'd be pretty alright, not sure bout wiring though...

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
It's very easy. The wiring may be there in your car (check in the boot near the fuel filler, should be a thre pin plug if there) and will make it very easy. If not use the power from the centre interior light to get the power and earth for it. Trimming is easy too as there is a metal bracket there behind the roof lining where it fits into. The roof lining may even have the perferations in it on the roof side to cut out. Then cut your roof lining material in a X form and old the excess around the lining. Hope this helps.