Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installation Help!!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
It would take you seconds to bridge the front speakers on the amp. Just leave the rear speakers out until you get that other amp. You won't hear anything anyway, 640wrms of front speakers will be enough to deafen you anyway.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yeah it'll be fairly easy to bridge the channels for the splits, you just wont have fade control unless you use a pair of splitters at the amp.

Did you get the car back?

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Yeah it'll be fairly easy to bridge the channels for the splits, you just wont have fade control unless you use a pair of splitters at the amp.

Did you get the car back?

Hey,
Ye I got the car back. I have Rockford Splitter cable, I brought it all before installing and now they sitting around. It's pretty loud, only concern I have is that I think the amp maybe clipping or something ... (not bridged yet)... cause on the pioneer deck it goes to volume 62. But from 60+ it gets really high frequencies and kind of hurts the ears.. I'm guessing it's because the amp is maxing as it's running 4 channels (80rms each). Umm... What settings will I need to change on the amp, they set it up as a 4 channel... how do I need to change it to bridge? I can't set up my amp. Maybe Ill get them to re-do it. I can bridge the speakers and hook up the splitters but I can't tune the amp/deck.

I've asked this before.. when you run music of the system, you sometimes play burnt cd's correct. Do you alter the file in any way? Normalize? Alberts told me not to use MP3Gain which you have mentioned aswell. Which I might start not using... so you run your files through a program? or just download and burn with nero etc?

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
I just use my ipod through the headunit, it does come out slightly louder but on my stereo you can adjust the volume from the ipod or booster in other words. Why don't you just burn a standard disk using nero or wmp, not an mp3 disk, or better still use a cd theat you bought.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
The speakers are probably distorting not because of the amp or speakers...but more than likely the head-unit itself is sending a distorted signal. No head-unit will be able to output a clean signal all the way to its max volume output, thats just the way it is. Theyve done pretty well to get 60 out of the head-unit without clipping. I'd say 60 is your max volume level on the head-unit.

Yes you will need to re-tune the amp when you bridge it for the fronts.....as they will be receiving double the original (tuned) power they will distort at a lower volume than 60.........even though they'll be louder the sub wont be at its full potential because of the volume on the head-unit. You'll either need to turn down the gain for the splits or turn up the gain for the subwoofer to match.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
The speakers are probably distorting not because of the amp or speakers...but more than likely the head-unit itself is sending a distorted signal. No head-unit will be able to output a clean signal all the way to its max volume output, thats just the way it is. Theyve done pretty well to get 60 out of the head-unit without clipping. I'd say 60 is your max volume level on the head-unit.

Yes you will need to re-tune the amp when you bridge it for the fronts.....as they will be receiving double the original (tuned) power they will distort at a lower volume than 60.........even though they'll be louder the sub wont be at its full potential because of the volume on the head-unit. You'll either need to turn down the gain for the splits or turn up the gain for the subwoofer to match.

Ahhh k. So not the amp thats clipping, its the headunit :thumbsup: cheers for that... I knew it sounded dodgey. Hmmm gotta get that all looked at.