Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installation Help!!

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Hey,
My girlfriend is geting her system put into her car today.
She has Alpine Type R splits and Alpine Type R Coaxels.
Hifonic Olympus 2412 sub
MB Quart Discuss 480 - (80x4 or 320x2 @ 4ohm)
Hifonic Brutus 2608 - (2600 @ 1ohm)
Rockford 0 Gauge
Rockford 4 Gauge

Alberts is the installer.

I wanted the MB Quart bridged for the splits in the front and just run the others of the deck. Would anyone else do this? Alberts recommends running the amp as 4 channel (80 into each speaker), but the speakers are rated for 110 but can do ~150. Alberts said that if I ran the backs of the deck they would distort and ruin the speaker. I was planning to get another amp for the backs eventually but not as of yet because I don't care about back speaker.

Would it really be that bad too run the back speakers of the deck? and have the fronts bridged? Alberts really thinks to make it a 4 channel, so I finally agreed and let them do it like they wanted to. But still unsure if it was the right move.

Any opinions?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I would run the amp bridged to the fronts and the rears from the head unit. As long as you have most of the sound faded forward you'll be fine.

If they're smart when they're installing, they'll run just the rears and see what volume the head unit can go to before the rear speakers start distorting, then set that as the maximum volume by setting the amp's gain at that head unit volume and then telling you/your girlfriend that 38 (or whatever) is the maximum volume you should turn it up to. Then you/they should fade the head unit to the front a little just to be on the safe side.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Well yeah im with StoneX here.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i wouldn't bridge the splits at all or ever
run them off the amp as left right in stereo
that power is fine
if you want to go louder buy better stuff full stop
the rears should be ok off the deck but its always good to amp everything later down the track
Albert's will make it sound good

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Why wouldnt you bridge the splits? They'll still be receiving left and right signals respectively, although he will loose a very little amount of stereo seperation but thats the only downside.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
i would also bridge the amp to the front splits. As long as the gain is set right all shall be golden.

You planning on making your girlfriend deaf hey?

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
I would run the amp bridged to the fronts and the rears from the head unit. As long as you have most of the sound faded forward you'll be fine.

If they're smart when they're installing, they'll run just the rears and see what volume the head unit can go to before the rear speakers start distorting, then set that as the maximum volume by setting the amp's gain at that head unit volume and then telling you/your girlfriend that 38 (or whatever) is the maximum volume you should turn it up to. Then you/they should fade the head unit to the front a little just to be on the safe side.

Thx mate.

I knew I shoulda gone with my own plans. But due to my lack of self-trust. I decided to go with what "the professionals" had "highly recommended."

I've been kicking myself since I got off the phone from them telling them to go ahead and do what they recommend. I knew it would be fine to run the backs of the headunit.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Thx mate.

I knew I shoulda gone with my own plans. But due to my lack of self-trust. I decided to go with what "the professionals" had "highly recommended."

I've been kicking myself since I got off the phone from them telling them to go ahead and do what they recommend. I knew it would be fine to run the backs of the headunit.

that being said at the end of the day your girlfriend might prefer more output from the rear speakers as well... there's going to be a slight difference in sound with less power but probably not that much to make a highly noticable.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
i would also bridge the amp to the front splits. As long as the gain is set right all shall be golden.

You planning on making your girlfriend deaf hey?

Haha. It's not that bad. I gotta get her to appreciate stereos. Well I decided on all the equipment... she was happy with her 6x9s in the front and rear (the camry altise has 6x9s in both rear and front .....stupid ppl)... but ... I finally convinced her that they sound crap :thumbsup: ... they've been thrashed ... not by me of course :whistling