Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installation Ideas, pls help !!

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
Ok here is the gear i have

1 x Clarion VX409
1 x 800w Fusion encounter monoblock
1 x 600w fusion encounter 4 channel amp
2 x soundstream 6.5' splits in front
2 x soundstream 6.5' 3 ways in rear doors
2 x 350w clarion 6x9s still waiting to go in rear parcel shelf
2 x 400w fusion subs 12'

at the moment only half this gear is set up in the car, and thanks to autobarns shonky install the subs always cut out or change volume so its really annoying, what im aiming for is clarity above loudness with this system, not exactly how to go about redoing the wiring, but i know i got 8gauge which sucks, any recommendation about wiring this all up, what i should get and how to wire it ?? also will i need capacitors ?? and i was thinking about hooking up the 4 channel amp to the front four speakers and buying a 2 channel amp to run the 6x9s... would that be any good ?? any comments will be greatly appreciated, thanks...

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Which part of Sydney are you from?

If your anywhere near liverpool I can go have a look myself at your install to quickly diagnose whats going on.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
1st I would ditch the 6x9"s, unnecessary with subs. Then I would take it back to Autobarn and tell them to fix the install or give you a refund.

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
Which part of Sydney are you from?

If your anywhere near liverpool I can go have a look myself at your install to quickly diagnose whats going on.

Im out windsor way, very rarely out livo way these days... used to live there though

1st I would ditch the 6x9"s, unnecessary with subs. Then I would take it back to Autobarn and tell them to fix the install or give you a refund.

I picked up the 6x9s with the 4 channel amp i got, kinda a 2 for 1 deal... Took it back to autobarn as soon as it happened and they said wait for it to get worse and then bring it back and try to find a song that makes it stop, god theyre useless

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
hey mate wondering if the 6.5"s went in the doors easily?

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
Yeh, i didnt do it myself, i think the speaker grills had to come off, not 100% sure though

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
hey mate wondering if the 6.5"s went in the doors easily?

Just butting in, in my case my installer told me he had to like carve/file out the hole to make them fit and it was real close to the window when it was down, but still fit fine