Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installation of fog lights?

Macka21

Reaction score
Members Ride
CAMMED VY SS Series 2 M6
just bought some fog lights for my vy spack series 2 and wanting advice on how to install them?
i have looked under the car and behind where there suppose to go i noticed a cable dangling down do they just connect up to that or is there more involved?

cheers help would be much appreciated

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
same here. I can wire them no worries. What is the best way to install them into an R8 fake bar.

At a loss here. also are the real HSV fog lights round 90mm or oval?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
just bought some fog lights for my vy spack series 2 and wanting advice on how to install them?
i have looked under the car and behind where there suppose to go i noticed a cable dangling down do they just connect up to that or is there more involved?

Plug em in, buy a relay to go in the engine bay fuse/ relay compartment and get a switch and bezel to cut out na dfit it to the dash surround.

Good way to save $300 on Holdens' pricing

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
Not all VY's come with wiring. Some need wiring up like mine did. You need an SS switch, relay, fuse, fuse holder and some wire. The SS switch gives you the GROUND not the active. So it has to wired up accordingly.

-Jase

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

The wiring you can see is for the second horn. The fog light wiring, if it is installed, is clipped to the front of each chassis rail behind the bumper. As others have said, you need more than just the wiring.

Macka21

Reaction score
Members Ride
CAMMED VY SS Series 2 M6
i have bought the ss switch and relay so now taking it to an auto electrician