Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installed gfb diverter valve. Happy face.jpg

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
Hi all, I know this has been discussed but thought I'd open a new thread. I installed an aftermarket diverter valve yesterday
GFB T9363 DV+
and have driven about 200km since then and wanted to give some feedback.
First off, my car is a 2018 2L turbo RS petrol stock tuned, dual electric exhaust cutouts before mufflers and a k&n "cold air" intake which makes alot of noise - particularly at the stock diverter valve... Sounded extremely rice IMHO.
Diverter valves can come with differing amounts of boost leak even as new and I had a feeling mine was not the best or even on its way out.
Long story short the factory valve opens for a few seconds when the throttle body closes to prevent damage to your turbo but would release way more pressure than needed, the new valve design works in a way that means it only opens up enough for the required amount of pressure to be released. For a good description of how they work feel free to check out GFB website and they sum it up great.
To the point. Installation required removing the air intake then was as simple as removing three bolts then modifying the Diverter with new parts about 30 minutes or so work start to finish. An hour if you're being extremely careful.

Now I'm not going to state it gave me "insert number here" kw increases BUT I can definitely say it made my car feel like it hauled much better, shifts felt smoother and more appropriately timed. It made driving feel alot more refined, even my wife noticed that the car reacted differently in a positive way. It also quietened alot of the BOV sound at lower rpm as it no longer tries to vent all PSI every time the gas pedal lifts - still has the sound at higher RPM. It's quite likely my diverter valve was not the best which is why it was so noticeable for me but I'm very happy with my purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_20220501_182039.jpg
    IMG_20220501_182039.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 138

Motozb

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Commodore
Hi all, I know this has been discussed but thought I'd open a new thread. I installed an aftermarket diverter valve yesterday
GFB T9363 DV+
and have driven about 200km since then and wanted to give some feedback.
First off, my car is a 2018 2L turbo RS petrol stock tuned, dual electric exhaust cutouts before mufflers and a k&n "cold air" intake which makes alot of noise - particularly at the stock diverter valve... Sounded extremely rice IMHO.
Diverter valves can come with differing amounts of boost leak even as new and I had a feeling mine was not the best or even on its way out.
Long story short the factory valve opens for a few seconds when the throttle body closes to prevent damage to your turbo but would release way more pressure than needed, the new valve design works in a way that means it only opens up enough for the required amount of pressure to be released. For a good description of how they work feel free to check out GFB website and they sum it up great.
To the point. Installation required removing the air intake then was as simple as removing three bolts then modifying the Diverter with new parts about 30 minutes or so work start to finish. An hour if you're being extremely careful.

Now I'm not going to state it gave me "insert number here" kw increases BUT I can definitely say it made my car feel like it hauled much better, shifts felt smoother and more appropriately timed. It made driving feel alot more refined, even my wife noticed that the car reacted differently in a positive way. It also quietened alot of the BOV sound at lower rpm as it no longer tries to vent all PSI every time the gas pedal lifts - still has the sound at higher RPM. It's quite likely my diverter valve was not the best which is why it was so noticeable for me but I'm very happy with my purchase.
I'd like to know a little more about how to install this part, where is the diverter valve located? Thanks

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
Interesting - might order one for my Astra K :)