Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installed Power Windows in my VT without BCM - Schematic / Pinout

nathan173

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Hey, I installed a power window from a VT Berlina in my VT Executive because my manual winder broke.
I did search the forum, but did not find the right answer so just putting this here for future reference as it might help someone.

I didn't want to swap the entire wiring loom because that would probably involve ripping both interiors out, so spent 2 days trying to figure out how to do it without the BCM using relays.
School failed to teach me relays (what a waste of time that was) and it took me a while to find the right answer, but this worked a treat:

PWindow_wiring.jpg

I am not sure if the 4 pin relays will work as I haven't fully tested it, but lets just assume the 87a pin is important for some reason.

Glued the 2 relays together and soldered on wire links.
I cut the 2 missing wires from the Berlina socket that went to the door loom, put them in the socket and connected them to the relays.
Ran power wires from the back of the cigarette socket to the relays, and ran power wires and 2 switch wires to the console for the window switch.
Wrapped the relays in plastic and taped it up so nothing will short on anything.

I now have a drivers window that goes both up and down. Passengers have to use a manual winder, sucked in passengers. :D