Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing 6X9's in a vn

T

Tony

chevy_big_block_bro said:
Wheres the best place to install 6X9's in the back of a VN and how should I go about it
This is in a VP, but the parcel shelf is exactly the same,basically, you have to cut the holes out in the parcel shelf, and also cut holes into the steel beneath the parcel shelf so you can get access to the wires and all that. It all comes down to personal choice where you place them but i placed mine like this
6x9_2.jpg

Its pretty easy but you'll need a jigsaw and some patience. Ill take a pic if you want of how the bottom was cut out if it helps you.

T

Tony

chevy_big_block_bro said:
could you do that
sure, heres the pics of the 6x9's from underneath.
Boot_Install_1.jpg

Boot_Install_2.jpg

both of those are of the right hand speaker.

i dunno how helpful that is, but you can see where ive cut away at the metal underneath to get access to the wiring and everything, also you will need to remove the back seats so you can get access to everything.

SuperStar

Reaction score
Not the best place to have you power wire running for your amp there Tony. Right under the speaker?!?!?
Where do you have your amp mounted?

T

Tony

its not runnin under the speaker, its running under the seats, the amp is mounted under the parcel shelf, but its fan ventilated so the heat is pushed away.