Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing a car lighter in a VY S SERIES 2 (2004)

james69er

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore s series 2
Ive got a Holden S Series 2 2004 model, and the problem is they don't come with a car/cigarette lighter, as i need one.

Has anyone had one manually installed? Just wondering a rough price to get it installed all together, and where you got it done etc.

Thanks..

steve40

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
Hi I wanted another power outlet so i got and installed a smokers pack,its easy to install as the plug for it is already there,and i think i only paid about $50 of ebay

james69er

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore s series 2
Thanks alot daniel...

Steve, thats great to hear... so you installed it yourself? if thats so ill be cheering haha thought it was gonna bloody cost me big bucks

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It's pretty easy to do. You need to remove the top of the console between the seats. This just unclips but it has one small self tapper located at an angle under the drop-down comparment lid at the front of the console. Lift the rubber mat out, and the screw is located at about 2 oclock as you look in. The top then will pull up - start at the rear and be firm but not rough. There are numerous clips and they can be a bit stiff but it will come up ok. Then remove the stereo unit using two bent pieces of coathanger inserted into the four holes and pushed sideways to the outside of the car. The stereo can be easy or stiff - it varies from car to car, but it will come out. You can then access the screws to remove the small bin with the closing lid. Under that, you will see a white connector plug clipped to the right hand console bracket. The ashtray and lighter assembly just replaces the lidded compartment, with the lighter plugging into the connector. Put everything back in reverse order and you should be sweet.

steve40

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
yep I installed it myself ,just as calaber said its very easy as long as you follow those steps

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Quick question on the smokers pack. I notice on ebay that there is also a facia. Does this clip onto the front of the lighter door?

Cheese

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Equipe
Quick question on the smokers pack. I notice on ebay that there is also a facia. Does this clip onto the front of the lighter door?

Just bought the smokers pack from Holden today for $48. The guy told me to reuse the original fascia/door of the storage bin after I install the ashtray...

Cheese

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Equipe
Just bought the smokers pack from Holden today for $48. The guy told me to reuse the original fascia/door of the storage bin after I install the ashtray...

FYI, fascia on original pocket cannot be reused. About to clip on the fascia I got from ebay