Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

INSTALLING A Cold Air Intake on vs 6

T

TOBSTA

bought a cold air intake snorkel thingy off ebay, that looks like it bolts over the radiator cover,,, is this correct and do i have to drill three holes through the plastic cover on top of the radiator and bolt it to this... surely someone else has encountered this drama before.. HELP, please.. any pics would also help!!

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
You can drill the holes, just becareful not to drill into the radiator ,lol. I just glued mine on with high temperature plastic glue and it dosnt budge. Very easy to install.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
check under how to section think there is doco there, pull out the bottom of the airbox to cut it to fit. When you drill the holes for the plugs for the CAI just put a piece of metal between the top bit of plastic and the radiator shroud. This way you wont drill through your radiator. Mate did mine for a bottle of bundy fair price i think watched him and it looks very straight forward just take your time

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Very easy job. You could even put some double sided tape there, which will easily hold it and allow easy removal if you ever want to pull it off. Oh and we call it a CAI (Cold Air Intake), not snorkel.

tsalad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR family truckster
If you are going to drill holes to attach it get the genuine holden plastic rivitts - they make it a piece of cake. If you dont want to hack up the bottom of your current air intake box there is also a part that fits the CAI straight up.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yep it's too easy. Get some sheet metal or at least some cardboard (it shows on the bit when you hit it) and wedge it under the top lip of the radiator shroud.

Mark and drill the 3 holes, bung on the CAI mouth and too easy. As tsalad said, the GM plastic rivets and CAI air box bottom make the job a dream.