Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing a mini-spool in VN

parraeels08

Reaction score
I have a mini-spool sitting around at home and I need it installed in a VN. Now I have no idea where to start here and dont want to get the diff removed by a mechanic and then take it to a diff joint to get the spool installed and then reinstalling the diff, as I heard most places wont install the spool directly into your car.

So does anyone know of any places that can? or does anyone want to do the install for me who has all the tools and knows how? I can pay you in cash or beer lol.

Thanks guys

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
aahh mini spools, they are fun :), where abouts are you? so some1 can write back who might want to do the job for you, its a pretty easy job, well easy to average if you know abit about a diff.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Plenty of places will install it, just ask around. If your in adelaide, i know a company down south that can do it for you.

parraeels08

Reaction score
Sorry boys i'm in sydney forgot to add that in. And I'm willing to travel but not too far. Thanks anyway stealthy

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
im interestd in the install of a spool aswell and how much it would cost

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Sorry boys i'm in sydney forgot to add that in. And I'm willing to travel but not too far. Thanks anyway stealthy

If you find a freindly forum member in Sydney to do it for you, let me know, I'll bring my Diff along, and they can weld it up completely, just for sh1t's and giggles:thumbsup:

parraeels08

Reaction score
Yeh thanks guys but ive already read over that page and I guess I would rather someone with a bit more experiece than me doing the job. I dont even have a torque wrench. But yeh anyone in sydney area? looks like you can do a few jobs at once lol

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
haha I did mine, and failed hard. The instal wasn't difficult, but the outcome was a seized axle :p. HOWEVER in saying that, I know a few people who are very happy with their home-job minispools and have had no issues with them.

I ended up taking my own rear axle complete to a rebuilder, and got it rebuilt with new bearings, seals and 2nd hand gearset for $650. Reinstalled myself.

see here for the shiny result: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/1125690-post198.html

Sam