Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing aftermarket tweeters VS II ute

Gilly91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Hi,

I am trying to install a set of splits in my VS ute and wanted to put the tweeters in the stock location. I tried and tried but could not work out how to remove the plastic covers on the dash where the air con comes out on to the windscreen.
I removed the side panel of the dash (also where i am planning on putting the crossovers) and can only see one clip that seems to hold the cover down and even when it isnt clipped in i still cant get it off.

My splits are fusion powerplants. Also i had a quick look and it doesnt look like the woofers will fit in the stock locations. Anyone had experience of packing/modifying these areas to fit aftermarket speakers??

Any help is much appreciated!

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
I havnt had much experience with vr/vs but I think the dash has to come out to get to the tweeters and the door pods usually have to be cut to fit aftermarket speakers becouse the magnets are usually too deep

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
there are 2 (or 4) screws in the vent holes in the top vent surround. you need a stubbie screwdriver, and if you can see them from inside the cabin, look from outside looking down.

are your fusion mid's 6" or 6.5"? if there 6's they fit, but may need a spacer if the magnet is deeper than normal. if there 6.5" there is a mod you can do to the speaker pods, but i dont konw off the top of my head what it is, i know there is a thread here on JC about 6.5" speakers in vr/vs stock pods.