Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing amp in a VS calais

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I need some help quickly. Where is the best place to run a power cable for an amp in a vs calais? what i want to know is where i can get it through the firewall

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I need some help quickly. Where is the best place to run a power cable for an amp in a vs calais? what i want to know is where i can get it through the firewall

Hey Stocky, just behind the booster cyclinder is ur best bet, pops out near the steering column behind ur fuses n stuff.. if u have a wire coat hanger, tape the wire to it, and feed it thru :)

heres a quick pic for ya

Cheers

Attachments

• DSC019012.jpg
    DSC019012.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 637

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Yep what ephect said is the easiest, thats how its done in my VS

freefall

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais Series 2
ok, do i have to drill through that grommet...or is the hole already there??

sorry, kinda new to this...

Thanks, Justin

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
You have to drill through it brus:thumbsup:

Jamsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA
if looking at the power steering from engine you will see to the left there looks to be a small hole.. try one of them. In my mates VS I managed to feed it through one of them and it came out behind the fuses.. didnt need coathangers or anything, just fed it through applying pressure. Other than that there should be plenty of places to feed the wire through if you look hard enough.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
ok, just to add to what's been said, yes, easiest way to do it on an automatic is to use the clutch grommet that has been pointed out already in this thread. simply pry it right out, drill a hole just a little smaller than the cable so that you can fit it through with some WD-40/light coat of oil on the cable. behind the grommet you'll see there is some crappy factory sound deadening material on the firewall... poke a little hole in it too so that the cable can pass through. then just feed it through about 30cm or so, open up your fuse box in the cabin and have a look around and you should be able to see the cable. From there it's just a case of feed/pull, feed/pull and run it where you want.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
yea u dont need to use a coathanger, but it makes life a lil easier grabing the wire instead of figgiting behind the fusebox, as there too much sh!t behind there