Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Amp

ConwaysVSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
I have a 6 channel amp running 4 speakers and my subby, but i was wondering if i could dissconnect my sub and hook it up to a 2 channel or 4 channel for my SUb to run better bass and wattage into it :p If so how can i do this? :)

ConwaysVSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Atm i got a Alpine V12 running front 6" and rear 6" and kicker 12 inch, but my bro has a 4 channel 1000w amp he hasn't been using, and it pumps hard, but i was thinking of installing it into my car insted of running the sub off the 6 channel

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Not really possible to run a sub off a 4-channel amp. I mean you could still bridge two channels like your already doing ( I'm assuming the sub is a SVC 4-ohm, seeing as how you are running it off a bridged amp), but you can't utilize all 4-channel worth of power. Unless you have a DVC 4-ohm sub and I would never recommend running each voice coil of different outputs.

ConwaysVSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Sorry i was wrong its just a 2 channel mono block just to fix that up

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
Actually I have a '2 channel mono block' too its just a mono block that can support 2 subs, in other words 2 -ve's and 2 +ve's. Which I am assuming is what ConwaysVSS has.
The question that needs to be asked is, how many RCA outs does your headunit use? If it has 2 or 3 it can be easily done. Just use rear RCA out (if only 2 out) or sub out if you have 3.
Bridge the power and remote out from the first amp and connect up like normal.

I hope this is what you wanted answered.