Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Climate Control.

mccar13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 Evoke Wagon & VF S2 SSV Redline Wagon
First of all I know a lot of people say not to do a climate control conversion but i am just wanting to know how to do it and maybe later on try it.

I have a vy series 2 commodore with normal heater controls. What is invovled in converting it to either single or dual zone climate. I know the heater box, heater controls and wiring need to be changed but how hard would that be. Can the new wiring just be intergrated into the current wiring of the car?? I know there is a sensor clipped onto the front radiator, does that just run stright back to the climate control facia or is the BCM invovled. I have a spare heater box, climate control facia, wiring and sensors, is there anything else i need.

Thanks Mccar13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
The BCM is different you need a High or Lux BCM and the wiring to go with.

There are also some solenoids and to access it all the whole dash needs to come out.
If you have the dash out for what ever reasion it would not be tht hard to swap it all over but taking the dash out just for climate is a big job for a small gain.

I have had a quick look at the wiring pics for a VY to try and find a short cut when i wanted to do it for my car but there are quite a few different things.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Yep you need the Berlina/Calais BCM and associated wiring. The main difference is that the climate control unit is connected to the BCM with a data link. On the manual control models its just a bunch of switches and analog connections to the BCM.
As far as i can see its connected on the same loom as the ABS/TCS module. Other then that, everything seems to be connected straight to the climate control unit.