Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing cruise control

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
hey i just installed factory cruise in my vs 2.. just went for a spin to try it and i can activate it (green cruise light comes on) but when i try and set the speed the orange "on" light comes on but as soon as i take my finger off it turns off??

any ideas?

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
hey i just installed factory cruise in my vs 2.. just went for a spin to try it and i can activate it (green cruise light comes on) but when i try and set the speed the orange "on" light comes on but as soon as i take my finger off it turns off??

any ideas?

Check your cruise module connection.

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
make sure brake switch is adjusted properly.
Heres what the good book says

Attachments

• cruise diag.jpg
    cruise diag.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 493

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
cheers i'll give that a go!

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
markovr did the diagnostic and didnt get past step one. turned crs light on depressed the brake pedal and hit the set button and crs turns off. only turns off once i hit the set button. yeh so i think ur right about the brake switch. how do i go about adjusting it? or can u point me in the right direction.

cheers for ur help!

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
there are 2 brake switches used in cruise the normal switch that brings on your brake lights ( this is a 12v feed when you put your foot on the brake)and another one that is a bit longer in length and has a grey wiring connector with 2 wires that plug on to near the end of it.
What you do is depress the brake pedal and push on the back of the switch so it clicks forward a couple of times as it moves toward the pedal arm and then bring the pedal back until it contacts the switch and pull it back to its stop...the switch will click back to its rightly adjusted position.
As a quick test to see if it is the switch you could short the two terminals together with a bit of wire (since the switch is supposed to be made with the pedal at rest and see if the static test works as it should.

Attachments

• brake switch.jpg
    brake switch.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 11,272
Last edited: