Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Cruise Control...

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
Hmmm, well, I have a VN S1... and the green doodad is part of the factory loom that came without cruise... and I do not have that open bonnet warning switch.... I do however have a nice little hole where it should be...

Haha and I also had the 4th plug for the lvl 3 dash... gosh... its appearing that my car has the Calais loom in it... is it supposed to? (perhaps that is a question for another thread...)

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Hmmm, well, I have a VN S1... and the green doodad is part of the factory loom that came without cruise... and I do not have that open bonnet warning switch.... I do however have a nice little hole where it should be...

Haha and I also had the 4th plug for the lvl 3 dash... gosh... its appearing that my car has the Calais loom in it... is it supposed to? (perhaps that is a question for another thread...)

Some one could have put the 4th plug in. But if you have the cruise plug by the LH headlight then yes you probably have the Calis loom in your car. Have you looked for the 2 brake switches?

Does your car have the trip computer switch blocks/electric arial?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just to add a pic of the brake switch.

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
-sigh- Guess I need to go hunting for a brake switch. Ummm, that switch has two connector doodads on it? What else can hook up to it aside from the cruise?

Brake lights......

I have two different switches - just had a quick look. So I dont know if you use two of the same or not as standard. My car had a VQ Stateman loom go in when I put climate in and I had to scrounge the switches for the cruise. PM your address and I'll send the one I have to you.:thumbsup:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
im putting cruise in aswell but mine is manual, now do i go about a clutch switch so it shuts of wen i put my clutch in

Try and get an extra one (from the brake on an auto) when you get the cruise set up. It should work on the clutch side too. EG you will need 2 cruise switches. 1 for each peddle.

bugadifino

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Series 1, 5 speed, ute
How about in my Series 1 manual ute? Its a base model with nothing flash, can I just instal the wiring loom for the cruise & plug it all together? Or do I need the wiring loom from a calais/stato etc?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
How about in my Series 1 manual ute? Its a base model with nothing flash, can I just instal the wiring loom for the cruise & plug it all together? Or do I need the wiring loom from a calais/stato etc?

If you get a retro fit loom setup - yes it just about all plugs in.

You need the loom, module, switchblock, mount bracket and brake switch.

To cut the cruise control wires out of a loom takes a heap of time.