Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Cruise Control...

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black Vz R8 HSV Clubsport 297kw Gen IV M6

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Ever since my little accident my Cruise control works on occasion. I figured out that if i hold my brake pedal out (towards me) then press the cruise button it works, but once I hit a bump or 2 it turns off again. I came down to the conclusions that my switch was the issue. So i gave it a fiddle, even glued a 5c coin in there to give the pedal more pressure on the switch but it made no difference...im going to unhook the switch this weekend and pull it apart to see if there is any faults, did u guys want me to take any pics or anything while ive got the switch out?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
Ok a few questions here.

At the moment I have the following parts... Cruise Control Switch Block, Module and cable with bracket. Im hoping all I need now is two switches for the brake pedal?

Now I have a Series 2 1991 model Berlina which came factory with electric windows, aerial, power mirrors. Would the wiring be there for cruise control? Apparently the plugs for switch blocks and module etc. are already there, however I have yet to look.

Does anyone have any pics of where the module is located and where the cable runs near the throttle body? Also, anyone got a pic of the plug to the cruise module?

I already have a wiring diagram for it, just wondering if I have to wire it all myself or if some of it should already be there?

Wiring diagram that I found on this site:

Is there any chance of having this wiring diagram reposted? My cruise control doesnt seem to work at all now :S

Also, is the brake switch for the cruise control an always on or always off till the brake is hit?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Is there any chance of having this wiring diagram reposted? My cruise control doesnt seem to work at all now :S

Also, is the brake switch for the cruise control an always on or always off till the brake is hit?

Try this to set the brake switch up.

Last edited:

no1holdenfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PACK
cruise control- good choice. i dont know how anybody lives without it. its so much easier and it must be better on the engine fo sho.