Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing electric mirrors in a executive...

lockmac

Reaction score
Hi. I am rather new to this forum and this is actually my first post.
I was wandering if you guys could help me...I am looking at buying a new car and have my mind set on getting a VT which has a VX clubsport body kit on it. I am having a look at this one..http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/HOLDEN/COMMODORE/Victoria/1786468.aspx

It is just a basic executive and although at first may seem overpriced, I figured that I would be spending 2500 on the body kit and another 1500 on the wheels and tires that I would want to install, so i figure that its probably worth it at that price, as it also has leather seats.

If I was to get this car, or something similar, I would want to have electric windows. I saw these on ebay a while ago that came with everything you needed.. do you think this is a hard job to install? Also... is it possible to get other things that are Berlina like, such as 3 window trip computers and the Climate Control etc?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Electric windows aren't that easy to instal unless you are pretty competant, plus you will probably need a different body control module. Climate control has been discussed here many times and it not as simple as it may seem, lots of extras needed. The general opinion is that it is not worth the hassle. I think the tripple window trip computer also requires an upgrade in the body control module. If you want my opinion, look for a car that already has the features you want because you are looking at thousands of dollars to add them to the car that you are looking at.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
I agree,total waste of time/money.For what you would spend installing those items to the car your looking at,your better off getting a Berlina/Calais.