Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Electric windows into a UTE

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
Hey guys, my mate and i are trying to install electric windows into his 1999 VS S pac ute, ive done a bit of searching but am lost as to how the wiring needs to go.
We've got the two front doors complete with elec motor and wiring, and have connected teh harness plug into the body side of the plug and added the two wires from the motor so it can be hooked up how ever it needs to be, weve got two switches(the rear switches) and a tiny bit of the factory wiring(from the switchs and its only about 20cm long), thats all we have

just wondering with what we have is it possible and if so how to wire it up so it all works? dont mind if we have to use relays/fuses etc cause i know we will have to, but just how to actually do it as ive hit a mental blank of how to do it

thankz for any help
Nick

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Sounds like you have most of the parts needed. It can be done with a series of relays and wiring through the bcm if you know how to, but the easiest way to do it is to use a separate power window control module from a vn/vp and completely bypass the bcm and the need for any additional relays. Ive just done this to my car and wired it up using the holden service manual wiring diagrams (which you should have access to working for holden). All you will need to do it this way is the control module itself from a vn/vp and to make up the section of harness from the module to the short section of harness from the switches you already have. I can post up a pic of my wiring diagram if you need it.
This link should be pretty helpful

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-install-power-windows.26933

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Hey - Can you post that pic up?

Cheers,
JD

What model is your control box from and are you doing front only or front and rear? The diagram I have at the moment suits vp front only, but I should be able to get the others if I know what you need.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Hey - Can you post that pic up?

Cheers,
JD

Here is a factory holden wiring diagram for front power windows using a vp control box.

Attachments

• VP Front Power Window Wiring Diagram.pdf
    126.7 KB · Views: 799