Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Extractors to a VP V6

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2, VL 5sp Berlina Wagon
Hey guys Ive searched the forums and only found, how to install extractors to an ecotec.

Now im wondering, do i have to remove the power steering components or can i squeeze extractors in and out without removing it.

If there's a write up somewhere, i searched but couldn't find it and if someone could please post the link I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks.

1trkmnd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN s s2 and MY12 sv6 ute
When i fitted my pacemakers to my ser 2 vn, even with the detachable primary i had to drop the steering rack to fit the pipes around the steering shaft, not sure if that is the case with other brands of headers.....

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
i think you would find it extremely dificult without dropping the rack. It'd be just as easy to drop it and slide em in, instead of stuffing about.

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
how do you drop the steering rack???

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
I had to drop the rack in the VN. There is 2 bolts that bolt the rack into the K-Frame. The hard part is detatching the steering part, there is 2 bolts on the either side of a semicircle peice of metal that holds the rack onto the steering wheel component, you need to under the couplink thin and slide the rack out, just leave the rest on, this will drop it down enough for you to install the headers. The pain is getting the steering back intot he rack nicely.

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
hahah sounds like not much fun, yeah im up to the part of dropping the rack as i cant get in to under where the extractors connect to the y piece, got one side of extractors off. lol, looks like its going to take all day.

Oh well good learning experience.

Oh is there a write up on removing steering rack somewhere?

Thanks

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah lol i found it in the end, but thanks heaps your sentence, along with those pictures made me understand how i can do it, thanks heaps mack

1trkmnd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN s s2 and MY12 sv6 ute
make sure when you refit the steering knuckle you centre the wheel. i made the mistake of not checking the thing that make the indicators switch off when you when turn a corner and had to drop the rack again a week later.

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
hahah nah i made sure it was straight, got another problem now of my cat scrubbing underneath my car