Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing fog lights on exec using factory calais/ss switch

[ASLYVY]

DavidP
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
i just need to know if this is possible as i gave a vz calais bar on the way and trying to hunt down some foggies but need to know wether il have to just wire them to a switch or wether i can tap ibto the factory switch and swap that over !!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
if you cant wire it to the half factory wiring (if included) you can always connect the lights up via a relay and wiring you install yourself. Most lights come with wiring instructions too.

[ASLYVY]

DavidP
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
well i dont think there is any factory wiring as it is a exec but i just wanted to keep the factory look and convenience when i get my calais bar on there!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
if you find the wiring diagram for the vz fog/driving light switch (im not familar with) you can wire up the switch for use with the aftermarket wiring.

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Easy as.. (well for me being a sparks) Every thing is negative switched so the hardest thing will be pulling the switch out.. I in fact bought a new switch changed over the face, mod the new board so I could use the switch for my HID driving lights. Looks nice and factory and there's no stupid Pov switch randomly stuck somewhere.

[ASLYVY]

DavidP
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
excellent...well it is doable but i suppose its a job for my auto elec lol..will they need a wiring diagram of the switch or will they know what their doin :p

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
if you know what your doing its really easy.
a friend of mine did mine, wired up a relay and fuse with wires and cable tied it under my bonnet right next to the other relays (execs have a blank spot lol) and ran the wires into the headlight switch, i bought a new ss one from holden for 75$ and he knew exactly what terminal to stick it in (some arnt used in execs obviously no fogs normally). looks 100% stock and youd never know, under the bonnet all wiring is hidden so cant even tell its there.

he is east melbourne suburbs off the eastern, he does wiring, sound systems, "phreddy" dashes, aux input for blaupunkt headunits, rca pre outs, he is a great bloke, let me know if anyone wants his number, he has done everything in my car.

[ASLYVY]

DavidP
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
ahh that would be great mate!!...ive missed 3 of phreddys roadshows now lol :(

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
Haha yeah it was too hard to catch him so this guy emailed me and did it the next weekend. Let me know if you want his number, he can wait if you don't have the money or anything so no rush.

Cheers.

tunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
looking to do the same on my VZ. . . hoping it all goes to plan tomoro!!