Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Foglights VZ Adventra

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
Hi All,

Hope someone can give me some advice, I am going to be installing some fogl ights into my Adventra and just wondered if anyone know's how to remove the factory plastic covers that Holden put in instead of the fog lights. I don't want to start bashing around in case there is a trick to it. I attached a picture to show you what I mean. Any advice would be great.

Cheers
Pete :)

Attachments

• Fog light covers.jpg
    Fog light covers.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 963

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
You could probably push the covers out from inside the front bar, there will be some clips that keep it in place.

Unless the covers are part of the front bar! you'll be outta luck.

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
You could probably push the covers out from inside the front bar, there will be some clips that keep it in place.

Unless the covers are part of the front bar! you'll be outta luck.

Thanks Paul, I can move the covers around, so I know they arn't part of the actual front bar (thank goodness). I will keep trying to figure it out. If I do I will post it on here in case anyone else tries to do it.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
from memory when i did the VX they push out from the rear, they do just clip in

Search for VX or VY or VZ fog lights, its all the same setup.

You also ned the new healight switch with pullout fog light switch and the relay

The SX6 doesnt look right without them, dad wasnt going to order his with them until I pointed out how ugly they look, their designed to have them so why not have em even if you never use them :thumbsup:

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
from memory when i did the VX they push out from the rear, they do just clip in

Search for VX or VY or VZ fog lights, its all the same setup.

You also ned the new healight switch with pullout fog light switch and the relay

The SX6 doesnt look right without them, dad wasnt going to order his with them until I pointed out how ugly they look, their designed to have them so why not have em even if you never use them :thumbsup:

Thanks heaps Torquative, I will take your advice. If I get them out without destroying my whole front bar I might put together a quick "How to" I have been wanting to do one for ages, but everyone seems more knowledgable than me LOL

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
Thanks for everyone's help. I have now installed my foglights and new headlight switch into the VZ Adventra. A lot easier than I expected, all the wiring was there, all I needed to do was install the actual fog lights, insert a relay into the relay compartment, and put in a new headlight switch that allowed for fog lights. Everything works, even the little dash light that says you have your fog lights on.

blairy83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
VZ adventra fog light type or part number

Hi All,

Know it's been a while since this thread has been used. I was wondering if someone would be helpful enough to maybe have a part number or be able to tell me if the VZ SS fog lights fit in the VZ adventra, as I'm finding everything for the bloody thing is Adventra specific

Thanks in advance

Thanks for everyone's help. I have now installed my foglights and new headlight switch into the VZ Adventra. A lot easier than I expected, all the wiring was there, all I needed to do was install the actual fog lights, insert a relay into the relay compartment, and put in a new headlight switch that allowed for fog lights. Everything works, even the little dash light that says you have your fog lights on.

mreidy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6 2006
hi
would also like to know if the driving lights for vz ss will fit adventure, as this all i can find on ebay/gumtree

madafuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Executive
hi
would also like to know if the driving lights for vz ss will fit adventure, as this all i can find on ebay/gumtree
Not according to the GM parts list, they have a different part number for Adventra v SS/Calais. I don't know what the difference is. Superficial observation is the Adventra fog lights have a different lens glass.

Last edited:

Chris Parkinson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SX6 Adventra
Awesome advice thanks everyone, I have the same issue, VZ Adventra without fog lights and I too want to fit them, just a couple of things though, was the wiring for the fog lights already behind the front bar when you pulled the plastic covers out?? And when you installed the new light switch inside was it a case of unplug old and plug in new switch? In other words did the plug behind internal headlight switch already contain required wiring to operate fog lights ?? Thanks heaps, I only joined these forums this morning and have learnt heaps already, you guys rock....