Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Gauges into VY

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Check out eBay mate for HSV Gauge Pod or Binnacle, you can get a genuine one for around $220. Or I've seen some new SAAS brand pods for $80 on eBay, they clip in like factory and are angled towards the driver.

Macka21

Reaction score
Members Ride
CAMMED VY SS Series 2 M6
Get electrical saas gauges there good and u can change the colour of the readout like green the same as ur speedo

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I would have said good choice. Actually useful gauges, provided you understand what they're telling you.

Oil pressure may save your engine one day (by the time you get the oil light it's too late)
Oil temp gives you a good indication of engine temp as if your cooking system fails you could read cold whilst the engine is cooking.

The only thing a volt meter will tell you is that your alternator is stuffed and you have a light for that. (plus in eng mode there is a voltmeter)

Holden also fitted a factory water temp gauge.

letthiswork1

Thomas
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute (2003)
Thanks i was thinking they would be useful aswell. I don't really care for volts but oil pressure would be interesting and my biggest concern is oil temps swell because its the base of my car... Last thing i want is boiling oil or low pressure ruining my car..

Hopefully get it installed next service since i wouldn't have a clue